See Food? Eat it.
- Open since 1993, Buzzard Billy's was the first restaurant to open in downtown Waco, essentially starting the revitalization we still enjoy today. You can get fried catfish, alligator, oysters, tilapia, and Po'Boys and eat on the deck while the Brazos River passes you by.
- 100 South Interstate 35 (across from McLane Stadium)
- 11am-10pm Sun-Thu; 11am-11pm Fri-Sat
- Cajun Craft has been making "Viet-Cajun" food since 2016, and making it extremely well. Lunch specials vary by the day, including Country Fried Pork Steak, Shrimp PoBoys, Catfish Basket, while Pho is served Tuesday-Saturday.
- 601 South 11th Street
- 11am-3pm Mon-Tue; 11am-8pm Wed-Sat; Closed Sun
Friday's Seafood & More
- There are no frills to be found at Friday's in Bellmead. But it doesn't matter because their straight-up Cajun food doesn't need it. Get your fix of étouffée, catfish, boudin balls, alligator, etc. The market attached sells fresh seafood to go, as well.
- 1308 New Dallas Highway - Bellmead
- 11am-7pm Wed-Sat; Closed Sun-Tue
- You need to head out to Robinson to hit Te'Jun's, but it's totally worth it. Get crab, crawfish, lobster tails, shrimp, and sausage cooked fresh. Get crawfish and shrimp by the pound if you're grilling out or trying to sneak it on the plane back home.
- 711 North Robinson Road - Robinson
- 11am-9pm Wed-Thu; 11am-10pm Fri; 11am-11pm Sat; Closed Sun-Tue
- There are eleven locations of The Catch, but they're all in Texas, so that's okay with us. This casual seafood restaurant has a central location for those of you not near Baylor and offers standard seafood fare at a reasonable price and outstanding quality.
- 1230 North Valley Mills Drive
- 10:30am-10pm Mon-Sat; 10:30am-9pm Sun